Monday, August 25, 2008

My ear

Well, I had my appointment with the ENT today. I can't say that it went that well but can't say that it went horribly either. Anyway, he looked in my ears and asked me some questions...then sent me for a bunch of audio tests. One of the tests came back normal and another showed a hearing loss in my left ear, the one with the ringing. SO, he's sending me for an ABR (or something) http://www.hearingcenter.com/services/abr.html . Don't know if that link will work, but that's what an ABR is. My test is at 8:30am tomorrow morning. Next he's sending me for a contrast MRI tomorrow afternoon. He said the reason he's sending me for all of this testing is because the ringing is only in one ear. If the ringing was in both ears he'd consider it tinnitus and send me home, but because it's only in one ear it warrants more testing. I'm slightly concerned...okay, I'm very nervous. The doctor should have the results by the end of the week before I go to CT (they're being awesome about rushing everything so I have answers before I move).

0 comments: