The results of my Pulmonary Function Test didn't come back from Walter Reed so the doctor was unable to tell me the results of those, however he did say that my chest x-ray did show some air blockage (whatever that means). He also told me that I have inflammation when he looked up my nose (whatever that means, too). We sat down and talked and I told him that I only used my inhaler twice while in CT so he thinks I'm developing an allergy to something in Virginia. Be it the cat, mold in the air (which he said is more prevalent down here) or whatever. He prescribed Zyrtec for me to take every day while in Virginia...if I find that most of my asthma symptoms have disappeared once I get to CT I can go off of the Zyrtec. If things continue and I continue to use the inhaler every 2-3 days while in CT...I should then be seen and reevaluated by another doctor to go on preventative asthma medication.
So as of now I have some type of allergy asthma which he said has about a dozen names...none of which I can currently remember. LOL.
Friday, August 1, 2008
My asthma follow up
Posted by Kim at 3:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment