Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's always something with me

Last Thursday on our way home from dinner my left ear started ringing...for no apparent reason. It's been ringing ever since without even a minute of silence. I went to the doctor yesterday and the doctor said I have tinnitus...basically, a stupid ringing of the ear. Sometimes it goes away, sometimes it doesn't. Mine hasn't. Anyway, I guess tinnitus can sometimes be a sign or symptom of an underlying problem so she referred me to an Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) specialist. I am attempting to get in there as fast as possible because the receptionist on the phone said they're most likely going to run tests...and those happen about a week after the initial appointment. To top that all of we all know that I leave for CT in about a week and a half. The timing of this stuff is always great...but the ENT place is being super cooperative and doing everything they can to try and speed things up and get me in there Friday of this week. I'll keep everyone posted.

0 comments: