As you may know, I had to take a profile thingy for the firm before I was hired. I was sure I had done horribly. I mentioned my interest in seeing the results last week and Tony surprised me with them yesterday. I read the whole thing over and laughed my butt off. Anyway, here's a brief of the results.
The range is 1-10, there is a target area for "job match" and I'll put the job match in parenthesis after my score. So for example, the target area for Learning Index is 4-7 , I scored a 7 which is on the high side of matching the job. 7 (4-7)
If I'm above the target on the scale the test basically says that the job may not be tough enough for me (I'm too smart, haha) and that I may get bored easily and/or it may not challenge me enough.
Learning Index- 7 (4-7)
Verbal Skill- 9 (4-7)
Verbal Reasoning- 6 (5-8)
Numerical Ability- 8 (4-7)
Numeric Reasoning- 9 (4-7)
It also scored me in Energy Level, Assertiveness, Sociability, Manageability, Attitude, Decisiveness, Accomodating, Independence and Objective Judgment. I fell in the target area for ALL of these traits (perfect match!).
It's funny, at the end of the profile it gives an explanation of some of the scores and suggests interview questions. For example, in verbal skill (I scored a 9, the target area was 4-7) it says: On the verbal skill scale Ms. Foran is above the designated job profile for this position. This suggests that her command of vocabulary is greater than the position typically requires and that she may experience frustration when communicating with co-workers. Discussions with her should explore the possibility the position may not be sufficiently challenging to maintain her interest and/or level of performance.
Kinda funny, huh? But basically, I was a very good match for the position and that was cool. I was so worried that I was going to do poorly on the whole thing but turns out that I was a good candidate.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
My profile thingy...placement thingy
Posted by Kim at 2:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thats my Kim! Smarter than she thinks she is.You didn't graduate with those grades because your not smart! I'm proud of you Honey!
Dad
Great Job Kim. I knew you were one smart cookie. I hope things are going well with adjusting to everything in CT :)
Post a Comment