Sunday, June 14, 2009

Regret

Some days I feel pretty good about the prospect of our future here in CT. Other times I feel...like I'm drowning and there is no way out. Today, I'm having a drowning day. I don't know if it's just the fact that Gary is away and I'm lonely sitting here in his parents house, or the fact that it's been over 9 months since I moved here and we are no closer to a house of our own than we were when we first stepped foot in CT.

I know that things would be so much better for us if we'd just go back down to Virginia. I know this. But the desire to live here, surrounded by family...the desire in my heart, is overshadowing the logic in my head.

I love the weather in Virginia, I love the people in Virginia, I even sort of like the area in Virginia...but all of this does not account for the lack of family, in Virginia. The thought of the lonely holidays, the family-less birthdays, and the lack of the close relationships between my children and their grandparents just totally kills my logical thoughts. I know sooner or later we're going to have to bite the bullet. If things don't work out financially we really, will not have any other choice.

I know it's pointless to live life in regret, but I somehow can't help but regret the choice that I made to come up to CT. Yes, the choice that I made. Solely. Gary wanted to stay in Virginia. Kallie asks every day to go back to Virginia and live in our own house. I was the pushing force that so desperately wanted to come to CT. And it's really hard to live with that fact because I also know I'm the driving force to stay in CT. It is almost like this whole situation is riding completely on my shoulders. I know I could wake up one morning and tell Gary that I'm ready to go back to Virginia, and that's where we would go.

I just wish, so desperately, that something would work out in our favor and we would be able to make it financially, before I have to make that difficult, life-changing, decision.

I really wish the government would help military families like ours, to set up new lives after the Army. My husband dedicated his life for 6 years, and continues to dedicate it through the Army National Guard, to his country and THIS is where we've ended up.

2 comments:

Dad said...

I know Honey it's not good for you! I really hate our Government for screwing you guys over. I really thought he would be a State cop or something in that field. It really sucks and I feel so bad for you guys. Theres nothing fair about it and the Military should get you going after you get out,certainly after you gave then 6 years of your lives! You should wright some letters to the congressmen of this State just for Ha Ha's on what you guys have gone through! It may help!
I love you very much Kim and will always support your decision!

Sarah said...

Sometimes the idea of being near family is better than what the reality ends up being. It's been hard for you and the way Gary has been treated really ticks me off.
The government says they take care of those who sacrifice for our country but y'all are living proof it doesn't.
I hope tomorrow is a better day.
XOXO