My boss asked me earlier in the week if I'd like to attend a seminar he was speaking at. He told me that it wasn't required. I however, decided it'd be good for me to go and possibly learn something (or a lot of somethings). So, today I attended the CTLA's (Connecticut Trial Lawyer Association) annual Legal Support Staff Seminar. There was SO much information and wow, did it make me feel extremely incompetant! I knew that I had a LOT to learn...and I know a lot of this information can only be learned through experience, but sheesh. Maybe attending this seminar was good for me not only because I learned quite a bit and gained some really valuable information, but I think it actually sparked something in me to go above and beyond--to try and educate myself further without school and without work experience. To actually read more and try and learn more myself without being spoonfed. I feel that my education didn't fully prepare me to do this job.
Having said that, I feel extremely lucky that Tony decided to hire me and give me a chance at being his Paralegal. He is an incredible speaker (gosh how I wish words came to me that easily) and an even better attorney. www.minchellalaw.com
Friday, March 27, 2009
Dumb
Posted by Kim at 4:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment