Well, I ended up finding two decent positions in the newspaper a little over a week ago which I applied for. The first was a Legal Secretary position for a small firm in Waterbury. The attorney who owns the firm called me the day after I faxed my resume over and I met with him on Monday for an interview. The interview went well and he offered me the position, but I was unable to accept the position based on the money that he offered. It just wasn't enough for me. I interviewed for the second position (Paralegal) yesterday and it went extremely well. I was very impressed with the attorney as well as his practice and his business ethics. It just seems like it would be THE perfect position for me. I was very excited when I left the interview but now I'm really nervous. I don't want to get my hopes up. He said that his secretary will contact me this week regarding the position...I guess either to set up a second interview with another associate (though it would have to be over the phone) or to let me know that I'm not a candidate. The job is just ideal and everything I went to school for. No filing, no answering the phone...no monotony! The attorney wants someone to start asap...no later than the middle of August which means if I did get it I'd be leaving VA sooner than expected. But I want it very badly so I'd pack up and move tomorrow if I was offered the position! I have no clue what the money is, but based on the other workers in the office (two attorneys, a legal secretary, a file clerk, etc.) as well as the office itself (well, and the position) it would have to be significantly more money than the position that I was offered last week. Here's hoping!!! Cross fingers and pray for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I hope you get it:)
Post a Comment