Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

We had such a busy and exciting Mother's Day weekend! We kicked off Friday night with a trip to the circus (a trip that made both my husband and myself vow to never drive to the XL Center in Hartford ever again). The girls both loved it! Haley was so excited at first that she kept clapping, kicking and yelling things like "WOW!" and "YAY!". It was so totally cute. Kallie just sat in her seat, completely enthralled.

Saturday we headed out for opening day at an amusement park that we have season passes to. Both girls had a blast! Haley loved the small, slow rides...motorcycles, a kiddy train, flying elephants....while Kallie loved the more exciting and thrilling rides...the kiddy drop tower and the kiddy roller coaster! I think she went on those two rides at least 5-6 times each! She LOVED them! The kiddy roller coaster was fun...the drop tower, not so much. Just not my thing.

Today, I got to sleep in a bit and just hang around the house. We went out for a late lunch/early dinner (can you believe that we were crazy enough to wait 1.5 hours for a table at our fav. restaurant? Ya, I can't believe it either...we were either delirious at that point, or just plain crazy!). The food was excellent...Haley was CRANKY. I ended up having to leave the table early and bring her to the car, but I didn't mind. I had a nice time hanging out with my little girlie.

We're all very tired!!! But it was a super fun weekend.

3 comments:

EmilytheCreative said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend with your family! Glad you enjoyed it!

JBGRIGS said...

Sounds like you are all enjoying life :) Happy Belated Mother's Day!!!!

Sarah said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!