Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sickies update

We just got back from the Urgent Care clinic down the road. Kallie has bronchitis which is making her asthma worse so the doctor prescribed a steroid as well as giving her 4 treatments on her nebulizer a day. And just due to Kallie's pneumonia history, she prescribed an antibiotic. Poor child has lost three pounds from being sick. She's now 39 pounds.

Me on the other hand, I have basically the same virus, but I have something going on with my tonsils. I either have strep throat or some other tonsilitis type thing. I'm on antibiotics, too.

Since we don't have insurance, I had to pay out of pocket. The doctor was GREAT though in that she minimized my charges as much as she could. The grand total which INCLUDED the steroids and antibiotics as well as check ups and tests was $265 and some change. I was THRILLED. I had to charge it anyway, but I was HOPING it was over $500 and it wasn't even close! Yay!

3 comments:

EmilytheCreative said...

I'm so glad yall were able to be seen and had someone who was understanding about yall's current situation with insurance. I hope yall are all feeling better ASAP!

Anonymous said...

Hope you all feel better soon! Luke is sick again too.. tis the season huh? He weighed a whopping 28 lbs today.

JBGRIGS said...

hope you all are feeling better soon (((hugs)))