Saturday, March 13, 2010

Ramblings

So about 2-3 weeks ago the majority of our family had strep...we like to share everything in this family. Haha. Anyway, I, by far, had it the absolute worst. It was awful. One of the 6 or 7 times I've had strep in the past year and a half!!! Haley ended up getting it of course, or at least we think she did...her strep swab came back positive, but at that appointment they also did a urine culture which came back positive for a rare form of bacteria. The doctor put her on two different antibiotics and everything cleared up. After her health returned, the pediatrician wanted to repeat the swab and the culture because she was beginning to think that Haley may be a strep carrier. She also wanted to send Haley for a renal ultrasound due to the fact that she had a UTI so young. Anywho, we completed all of the testing this past week and are waiting for the results. I'm sure everything will come back fine.

Work has become increasingly difficult and busy for me! With the revamping so-to-speak of the firm, I'm beginning to take on a lot more responsibility in drafting some pretty challenging documents. I definitely like (and appreciate) the challenge, but I find myself doubting my abilities SO often. There are moments I just have to sit back and take a breather.

Kallie's still doing well...enjoying school, enjoying friends, enjoying being a 5 year old! It amazes me at the things she is learning in school right now! Kindergarten is SO different than it was when I was that age. They just learn so much more!

Work is still going well for Gary...the end of his probationary period is coming up in a little over a month. We're excited about that, that's for sure! Less to worry about as far as job security goes...especially being part of the union that he is.

I became an aunt (again...I now have 4 nephews and 1.5 nieces)...my sister-in-law Michelle and her husband welcomed a little boy into the family just about two weeks ago. His name is Zachary and he is an absolute doll. The .5 of a niece belongs to my little sister who is expecting a little girl, Caidence Faith, with her new husband, in June. They recently decided to make a move closer to "home" and we are all very, very excited about having her closer!

Well, those are my ramblings for now!

0 comments: