Wednesday, November 19, 2008

So sad!

We had to take both girls to the hospital tonight because they're pretty sick and our pediatrician's office was closed today and I didn't feel like jumping through hoops to request a referral to a walk-in. Anyway, so we got into a room and the nurse asked Kallie to take off her top and put a hospital gown on so it was easier for the doctor to get at her. I looked over at Kallie after a few minutes had passed and she was white as a ghost with tears in her eyes. I said "baby, what's wrong?" and she said "mommy, I don't want them to cut me open". OMG I thought I was going to cry! The girl was petrified...I don't know if she misinterpreted something the nurse said or has just seen too much on TV. I talked to her about how they were going to listen to her heart and lungs, look in her ears, etc. and promised that they weren't going to hurt her. I felt so bad for her. I hugged and hugged her. Poor thing. Sometimes four year olds understand more than you think.

1 comments:

JBGRIGS said...

Oh My Goodness, How Sad. I hope she did OK for the Doctor ((((Kallie))))